Over the last two years I have been forced into a whole different way of eating and thinking about energy through lessons via my liver and gallbladder. (Gallbladder stones).
I have done several cleanses and passed many stones. Last one 30! I have 5 more cleanses to go. My energy is getting younger, my body is changing back more to how it was before babies. I am youth-ing!
The body as mindfulness teacher
The gallbladder is the center for resentment (Louise Hay) and also the decision maker (acupuncture), liver is the center for anger and also the love and taste for life. The body can be such an inspirational teacher.
Have a conversation with your organs and body systems – as mindfulness practice.
Have you ever thought of having a conversation with your insides?
It can be a fascinating insight into a deeper connection with your body and inner systems.
A colleague of mine in Maryland first introduced me to this idea. She suggested I connect with my heart during meditation and ask it what it would like, what it needs and what makes it happy.
The ensuing conversation was fascinating and eye opening. Perhaps if I’d remembered to talk to my liver sooner I may not have had to go through my recent treatment plan in such depth, who knows?
As Pierre Teilhard de Chardin said
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
Meditate using your normal form of practice to clear your mind. If you don’t have a regular meditation practice, here’s a suggested way to start.
- When your mind is clear and quiet, ‘journey’ to the organ, body part or location you have in mind. Let’s say ‘kidneys’ for the sake of argument.
- If you are not sure where those are in the body, beforehand do a little homework so you know the physical location clearly and can travel to it in a sensory way.
- So you move down your body (feel, sense, or imagine this) and move to where your kidneys are located. Some questions to ask could be
- What are your names? (Sounds funny but this can be a goldmine of meaning and information).
Are you happy and well?
What do you need from me?
What do I need to know about you?
- You can journal the answers as you go along or write it down afterwards, whichever you prefer.
- Sending light to the area in question is always good practice during meditation, as well as clearing the chakra related to that organ, body part or area. It’s been scientifically proven that these kinds of activities can boost your immune system too!